Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Internal Auditor - Dover International Speedway,Inc. (Dover, De)
* Responsible for performing financial, operational, and procedural audits for each of the Companys business units.
* Perform internal audits, tests of internal controls (SOX), and complete special reviews of all Company business units.
* Prepare a written draft audit report that advises management of current practices that are not consistent with policies or are inadequate from an internal control perspective. Also, provide recommendations to management that will improve internal controls and business practices.
* Identify, document, and communicate any control weaknesses noted, with accompanying action plan for remediation.
* Ensure that Companys assets are properly accounted for and are adequately safeguarded from loss.
* Maintain audit records and documentation as required to support audit findings.
* Assist in the review process that tracks the implementation of audit recommendations.
* Evaluate the processes and internal controls of new systems prior to implementation or installation.
* Provide exceptional customer service.
* Work safely, following all established safety rules and regulations.
* Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
* Follow all relevant policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in accounting required (or equivalent experience).
* Zero (0) to four (4) years of related work experience required.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Must be able to logically and independently plan, organize and complete work within established deadlines.
* Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
* Must be able to work some weekends, holidays, and nights specifically NASCAR race weekends and summer music festivals, as well as an annual physical inventory at year-end.
* Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a Delaware Video Lottery license.
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.