Sales & Marketing: Event Operations/Management
Special Events Coordinator - Sales and Marketing - Dover International Speedway Inc. (Dover, DE)
Develop and facilitate execution of promotional programs by coordinating dates, locations, staff and scheduling of vendors involved to enhance the customer experience. Supervise event staff, including coordination of supplies and assignments for event weekends. Implement promotional activation with sponsors and consumers.
1. Develop and execute key consumer programs and race weekend events such as MonsterMile Youth Nation, BBQ Bash, autograph sessions, The Pit Stop, VIP reception and other programs as needed.
2. Coordinate company events such as Santa in Victory Lane, driver appearances, community outreach, large property tours, driver softball tournament and other events as needed.
3. Develop and prepare operational plans for designated programs, events, and promotions.
4. Implement operational plans for all promotions, assign staff, determine layout and secure all support services and vendors.
5. Provide reports and recommendations on possible ways to improve the effectiveness of marketing and promotional programs.
6. Track expenses against approved budgets.
7. Develop and procure promotional materials including but not limited to printed materials and specialty items / merchandise.
8. Coordinate and oversee event staff needs and assignments for event weekends.
9. Maintain a database of event staff contact information to include mail, e-mail and telephone contact information.
10. Facilitate communication with event staff to determine availability for each race.
11. Coordinate equipment, credential and parking needs for event weekend and full time sales and marketing staff.
12. Secure event weekend sign-in location and coordinate equipment needs and check in process with administrative services clerk to ensure a smooth reception for event weekend staff. Assist Senior Director of Consumer Marketing and Partnership Activation with implementing promotional activation with sponsors and consumers.
13. Assist Dover International Speedway Marketing and Communications team with administrative projects as needed.
14. Review web content on a regular basis to ensure that all information is current and meets marketing objectives.
15. Create and analyze email campaign reports and best practices to assist in the development of the email marketing plan.
16. Ensure effective communications are maintained within areas of responsibility (i.e. ticket office, event operations, maintenance) by informing employees of plans and progress.
17. Interview, select, hire and retain superior employees.
18. Complete timely evaluations for subordinates as appropriate.
19. Assist with company projects (i.e. Firefly Music Festival) as needs arise.
20. Conduct formal and informal training for subordinates.
21. Conduct formal and informal coaching and counseling with subordinates.
22. Reward and recognize superior performers.
23. Ensure that employees work safely and follow all safety rules.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS: • Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required.
• 1 - 3 years marketing or event coordination experience required.
• Must possess proven expertise regarding knowledge of marketing strategies used to increase customer worth, retention, acquisition, and satisfaction.
• Must be able to analyze data and recommend course of action based on findings.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Must possess good customer service and leadership skills.
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Must present an overall professional appearance.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as scheduled.
• Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Accountable to: Senior Director of Consumer Marketing and Partnership Activation
Accountable for: Special Event Staff
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover International Speedway, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Event Experience Specialist - Dover International Speedway, Inc. (Dover, DE)
Dover International Speedway
Major Focus: An Event Experience Specialist at Dover International Speedway must be willing and able to engage in direct contact with each and every fan that visits The Monster Mile.
The focus of this position is three-fold:
1. To actively market ticket sales with individuals, and national and local companies to sell them on the value of attending events at Dover International Speedway.. This function will comprise approximately 50% of the job duties.
2. To provide an exemplary customer service experience, whether over the phone or in person, for our fans; identifying their specific needs and likes, and offering them opportunities to enhance and maximizing their event experience. This function will comprise approximately 25% of the job duties but will touch upon every task and duty performed.
3. To perform various ticket operations responsibilities, including but not limited to ticket fulfillment. This function will comprise approximately 25% of the job duties.
- Makes outbound calls to non-current individuals, businesses and organizations to drive ticket sales as per established goals.
- Contacts current customers to renew and potentially upgrade ticket packages as per established goals.
- Completes accurate records of ticket sales activity.
- Maintains an understanding of the ticketing system for the purpose of ticket sales to search for new customer or renewal leads.
- Enthusiastically participates in sales training as provided.
- Displays an intimate knowledge of Dover International Speedway and is able to verbalize that knowledge to fans in an effort to enhance their event experience.
- Researches and identifies problems on customer accounts and works with supervisor(s) to provide solutions.
- Requests and identifies specific needs of each customer and offers seats/packages that best fit the specific customer.
- Receives and processes inbound calls with the focus on providing an exceptional customer service experience, including but not limited to ticket sales and renewals, promotional packages, additional events, event specific add-ons, invoice inquiries, seat relocations, and upgrades.
- Assists with ticket invoice ripping, stuffing and mailing.
- Processes tickets purchases.
- Balances money and ticket sales at the end of each business day.
- Assists with event responsibilities regarding race day operations, including but not limited to, race weekend sales and customer service.
- Issues letters of authorization for lost tickets as approved by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Education:
- High School Diploma, college preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative.
- Must possess strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- Must be outgoing and personable and able to carry on a conversation over the phone.
- Must display creativity and the ability to adapt sales training and customer service methods to individual customers.
- Must be willing to assist others – customers and co-workers – and be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure of deadlines, including extended hours and some weekends required.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task when needed.
- Must be able to handle rejection.
- Basic math skills to balance accounts and count change/money.
- Some local travel may be required.
Accountable to: Director of Ticket Sales and Operations
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover International Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.